- About CBHA
- CBHA residents
- Finding a home
- CBHA programmes
- CBHA corporate information
- CBHA contacts
- CBHA news
Looking for work?
How CBHA's employment and training team can help
Recent changes to the benefits system and reports of hikes in energy prices have put people under more financial pressure.
CBHA's employment and training team can offer residents support in finding employment and can help with interview skills, job searches and CV writing. Below are some tips on how to write a job-winning CV.
- Remember: an employer will only spend 20-30 seconds taking in the information on your CV, so it must stand out from the crowd.
- Layout: maximise your use of space to make the content clearer and more concise. Balance the content using white space for ease of reading. Look at your bullet points and paragraph length.
- Content: emphasise the return on investment to the potential future employer by quantifying each of these areas: your skills, achievements, qualifications and experience. Also ensure that you have the right amount of summarised and detailed content.
- Language: it's important that your CV is written in the first person in all areas. Ensure that what you have written is not in a complex structure, your sentences need to be simple so that your point is clear and easy to digest.
Finally, your experiences should really stand out from the crowd and improve your interview opportunities. You should focus on the structure of your language and getting the right balance of summarised and detailed content.
The employment and training team at CBHA can help you to rewrite your CV or complete job applications while you are following the tips above. They will also use their expert knowledge to help your performance on job board searches and interview preparation. They cater for all career levels – from students to CEO – making a real difference to your job search.
What customers have said
"With your support, including interview techniques, I felt so confident about sending my application and actually doing the interview. It is topped by actually getting the job."
"The feedback has been instantly recognisable and I would recommend this service to anyone who wants to be taken seriously in an already fierce job market.
The employment and training team are based at CBHA, Digital LearningCentre, 7 Saxon Close, Walthamstow, London, E17 8LE and can be contacted on 0207 922 8500 (option 4) or by emailing Khalidf@cbha.org.uk or Sheilag@cbha.org.uk.Learn more about our employment programmes